|Date Posted||January 21, 2019|
We are looking for three legal content editors:
- Ontario employment and labour law subject matter expert
- Atlantic provinces employment and labour law subject matter expert
- Western provinces employment and labour law subject matter expert
Required hours: About 8 to 10 hours per week for each content editor
- Provide employment and labour law compliance information to enable subscribers to administer their human resources department or HR duties and responsibilities, in an efficient and effective manner, by making updates and adjustments to existing content and create new content in The Human Resources Advisor, Ontario, Western or Atlantic editions.
- Untangle the intricacies of employment standards, occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation, human rights, pay equity, privacy, accessibility standards and labour relations, among others – to successfully help employers and human resources comply with all requirements.
- Conduct research through employment and labour -related legislation, regulations, case law, policies, government contacts and internet when necessary.
- Ensure the materials are current, user friendly and easily accessed and understood.
- Review ideas, suggest improvements, verify facts and references and perform other accuracy tasks.
- Create and provide content for many different types of user documentation (newsletters, guides, how-to guides, quick references, comparative charts, whitepapers, blogs etc.)
Experience, qualifications & attributes:
- Employment and labour law experience for the jurisdiction you will write for
- 5 or more years of experience
- Post-secondary education in the form of a degree is required, LLB or JD preferable
- Ability to interpret and explain legislation, regulations, case law and policies in plain language
- Strong research skills
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text, tables and graphic
- Superior ability to convey complex concepts in an effective fashion
- Analytical thinking
- Effective and appropriate verbal and written communication skills in English is mandatory
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
We thank all individuals interested in this role, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
First Reference welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process. Please discuss with us how we can best meet your needs.
Interested candidates should contact the Managing Editor Yosie Saint-Cyr at email@example.com