|Date Posted||November 1, 2018|
General and ongoing duties:
- Assisting lawyers in the preparation of documentation for commercial transactions (assets and/or shares), due diligence, changes to ownership or management, M&A, joint ventures, amalgamations and dissolutions.
- Working independently in all aspects of basic and professional incorporations (provincial and federal), alterations to notice of articles, all share transactions, all types of ITA exchanges, rollovers and transactions, continuations and restorations.
- Creating and maintaining corporate minute books, all types of dividends and all related annual maintenance.
- Due diligence review of corporate records and preparation of rectification resolutions.
- Responding to client inquiries and handling routine corporate tasks independently.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong knowledge of ALF and strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload for a busy corporate practice
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for the law and lifelong learning
- A paralegal certificate or diploma is preferred
Benefits and Compensation
We reward your dedication, efforts and drive with a compensation program that includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits package includes:
- BC Medical Services
- Dental care
- Long term disability
- Extended health
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
We support and encourage the physical, social and emotional well being of all members of the firm with a Wellness Program that includes fitness credits for memberships and / or programs that encourage regular weekly physical activity and health credits for weight loss or quit smoking programs.
We strive to maintain a collegial environment that supports both the professional and personal development. Our success depends on your success.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please submit your resume in confidence to: