|Date Posted||October 4, 2021|
Waterstone Law Group LLP, one of the Fraser Valley’s leading law firms, is seeking permanent, full-time intermediate to senior Legal Assistant or Paralegal for our Abbotsford location.
This full-time position will play an integral role within our busy corporate department. The work is challenging and varied, and the position has excellent long-term career opportunities as well as support for personal professional development.
- Drafting standard letters and documents independently with little supervision;
- Preparing corporate documents for British Columbia entities, including incorporations/organizations,
name changes, alterations, amalgamations, restorations, dissolutions, and other related documents;
- Preparing documents such as share transactions, issuance, transfer, redemption and repurchase;
- Appoint and remove directors and officers and other basic resolutions;
- Updating and maintaining corporate records and minute books, including minute book reviews and appropriate correction of minute book deficiencies; and
- Preparing client invoices.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent, hands-on experience in a busy corporate department;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptionally organized and attentive to detail;
- Able to work both independently and within a team-based environment;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, BC Online & Ecorp; and
- Familiar with legal billing/invoicing processes.
In addition to competitive financial compensation and a full benefit package, we also offer a number of staff perks and a friendly, supportive and team-based environment.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and current reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all interest in this position, please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.