|Location||Anywhere in Canada, Canada|
|Date Posted||June 4, 2020|
CanLII is the leading source of Canadian law online. We are looking for a freelance editor to work with an online resource. This role can be filled remotely from anywhere in Canada.
Working closely with CanLII’s director of programs and partnerships and manager of community and content, the copyeditor will review an English language BC litigation practice manual of approximately 400 pages / 150,000 words.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Possesses proven copy, and stylistic editing skills
- Has familiarity with legal concepts and Canadian law
- Has experience working on legal editing projects
- Is extremely well-organized and has strong attention to detail
- Knows how to use key editing and formatting features of Word, track changes, mark comments, and managing styles
- Is comfortable in a remote work arrangement
Responsibilities will include:
- Editing for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage
- Checking for consistency and continuity of mechanics and facts
- Correcting or querying general information that should be checked for accuracy
- Following internal style guides and house editorial standards
Please send a CV, brief statement of interest, and any samples of past editing work by June 19, 2020. This is a paid position and we ask that you include your hourly rate or a project estimate with your statement of interest.