|Date Posted||March 31, 2019|
Law Librarians and Libraries
The Manitoba Law Library is the library for the legal profession in Manitoba. A not-for-profit organization under the Law Society of Manitoba, staff provide reference and research assistance to lawyers and self-represented litigants.
The role of the legal information professional is to support the Director of Legal Resources in the day-to-day running of the library.
- MLIS or Library Technician diploma
- Customer service experience
- Legal research experience
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage
- Experience with dBTextworks
- Experience using legal databases
- Experience troubleshooting computer issues
- Open and close the library; greet visitors and assist with their needs
- Advise visitors how to use the catalogue and other resources in the library
- Maintain the collection: update looseleaf titles, return books to shelves, weed unnecessary resources, retrieve items from reserve room
- Legal Research : find cases, legislation, and secondary sources as requested
- Cataloguing: update and add records as required using dBTextworks
- Other duties as required.
This is a full time position, 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday, beginning May 13, 2019. Please forward a cover letter and resume by Friday, April 12, 2019 to:
Director of Legal Resources, Manitoba Law Library
331 – 408 York Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3C 0P9