|Date Posted||June 24, 2019|
Law Librarians and Libraries
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP is currently seeking a service-oriented full-time Research Librarian to join the Vancouver Library Services Department. As a member of a national library team, this position reports to the Library Services Manager, Vancouver.
- Provide in-depth, specialized and complex legal and business research to lawyers, law clerks and students.
- Provide business and competitive intelligence research to support our lawyers and Clients & Markets colleagues, often on a tight deadline.
- Provide current awareness and monitoring services, evaluating information from a variety of tools to deliver curated reports to lawyers and clients.
- In response to all research requests, collect content from a variety of sources and analyze and synthesize this information to provide added value and customized results for library users.
- Develop and deliver library training and orientation programs about research methods, strategies and resources.
- Assist with the maintenance and development of intranet content and services, and ensure that content is current and meets user needs.
- Evaluate and implement new resources and technologies to enhance our services and research products.
- Work closely with colleagues across local and national teams to support special projects and department objectives.
Skills and Experience Required
You are a service-focused professional with a drive to innovate new ways to support our lawyers, clients and colleagues. You embrace change, think creatively, and approach challenges with enthusiasm and curiosity.
Additionally, you have:
- A Masters degree in Library Science with a minimum of 2 years law library experience.
- Familiarity with legal research techniques and the current major legal and business research resources in print and online.
- Experience planning and delivering presentations, training, and outreach activities.
- Advanced online research skills, including the ability to perform sophisticated searches using legal and non-legal databases.
- The skills to thrive in a complex work environment, balancing short- and long-term goals.
- The interest and aptitude to establish and maintain effective working relationships across our organization, fostering partnerships with lawyers, clients and staff.
- A demonstrated focus on providing exceptional service.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, analytical and time-management skills, including the ability to work independently and under pressure and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP and Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc are separate legal entities and all of them are members of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important firm value. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
To apply, please visit the Careers page of our website at www.nortonrosefulbright.com. We thank all candidates for their application, but will be contacting only those whom we select to invite for an interview.
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any further accommodations during our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is July 12, 2019, but we will begin reviewing applications as they are received.