|Location||304 – 20338 65th Avenue, Langley, Canada|
|Date Posted||September 20, 2022|
Waterstone Law Group has a rare opening for a full time intermediate to senior level paralegal/legal assistant for our LANGLEY location. The successful candidate will form an integral part of our real estate team, critical to the success of both our firm and our clients.
This role is responsible for handling numerous tasks including:
- Administering residential sale, purchase, mortgage files, handling all tasks from initial file opening through to final reporting and file closing;
- Communicating, both through direct phone and email correspondence, with vendors, purchasers, financial institutions, clients, legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers, brokers and others;
- Liaising internally with colleagues on file allocation and file progress;
Training/encouraging new or learning colleagues in an efficient and encouraging manner;
- Completing any other administrative duties as required.
- Graduate of a recognized LAA or Paralegal program;
- Five or more years of related legal assistant or paralegal experience covering all aspects of residential real estate transactions;
- Strong document production skills and a solid proficiency in standard industry related applications including MS Word/Excel, Outlook, BC Online, MyLTSA and eConvey;
- Ability to prioritize and handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality or attention to detail;
- Ability to independently administer a file from beginning to end;
- A team player capable of working independently and taking initiative;
- Excellent communication, administration and organizational skills;
- A high level of professionalism.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, along with a team-oriented atmosphere and positive working environment. Ongoing training and development is both encouraged and supported. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume and references in response to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.