|Location||Calgary or Vancouver, Canada|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2021|
Marketing and Business Development
We are currently recruiting for the following role in our Calgary or Vancouver office:
Senior Specialist, Marketing Projects
The Senior Specialist, Marketing Projects will be responsible for the development and execution of integrated marketing strategies and plans to support the firm's marketing initiatives, leveraging a mix of creative skills, marketing expertise, project management acumen to enhance internal and external client experiences.
At the center of the Marketing and Communications team, reporting to the Director, Marketing and Technology, this role will allow you to lead cross-functional workstreams, realizing internal visions and goals into tangible campaigns and results. This is a role for an experienced professional, requiring strategic thinking and hands-on project planning abilities, enthusiasm for delivering effective marketing solutions and excellent relationship management skills.
STRATEGY AND SCOPE
- In partnership with the Director, Marketing and Technology, lead the development of evergreen and seasonal marketing plans and strategies; scoping out firm and client needs, target audiences and communication channels to manage and mobilize cross-functional teams into on-time, client-focused deliveries within the firm's vision and brand.
- Support, develop and deploy sharp creative briefs and communication plans for national and localized marketing campaigns based on business needs; building cases for new business opportunities.
- Recommend and drive strategic plans and test cases to evolve campaigns with emerging marketing and digital trends to offer optimal client experiences.
- Working closely with marketing and business development groups to manage the marketing content campaign roadmap; managing workflows and intakes, prioritizing projects based on business value and needs.
PROJECT AND STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Bring order to marketing roadmaps by developing and managing detailed project schedules, outlining key deliverables, project requirements/scope, performance metrics and milestones, while identifying potential project risks, offering alternative solutions.
- Develop relationships with various stakeholders to drive cross-functional alignment on project scopes; leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams to communicate and deliver on marketing projects and drive best-in-class client channel experiences.
- Reports to key project stakeholders on project statuses, collaborating with leaders and various stakeholders to address project risks and roadblocks to deliver on prioritized work.
- Measure, analyze and communicate campaign effectiveness based on established performance metrics to key project stakeholders, developing recommendations for enhancement.
- Establish documentation and briefs that clearly outlines the project scope, owners, stakeholders, deliverables, actions, timelines and budgets, where required, communicating details effectively to mobilize and lead cross-functional teams.
- Leverage project management best practices, techniques and standards to drive collaborative planning processes that prioritize workstreams against team capacity and capability, recommending resourcing requirements as needed.
- Evolve and educate teams on best practices and policies to mature firm capabilities, working towards continuous process improvements and growth.
- Post-secondary education with a degree or diploma in Business, Marketing, Communications, Project Management or related field
- Five years' experience in a similar marketing or project management role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and the ability to develop clear, concise and compelling marketing strategies and related project plans
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills to develop, lead and deliver on concurrent, demanding projects while remaining adaptable and positive to juggle shifting priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop cross-functional relationships, build trust and lead teams informally to deliver exceptional client results
- Proven track record developing and delivering on national and localized B2B omni-channel marketing plans and strategies
- Thrives in a fast-paced, professional, hands-on and collaborative team environment, with a keen interest in serving the professional services market and a results-oriented mindset
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and project management/collaboration tools; Adobe Creative Suite knowledge is a plus
Bennett Jones Services Limited Partnership
4500 Bankers Hall East, 855 – 2 Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 4K7
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.